Email: chelsea.buma@myldsmail.net

Address: Sorella Chelsea Buma
Via Flavia 21
00055 Ladispoli (RM)
ITALY

Address for the mission home in Rome:
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome RM
ITALY

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 15--Ciao Tutti!

Hello Fam!
   Well another week has already gone by.  Its just so true what everyone says.  Days could go on forever sometimes but the weeks seem to go by a lot quicker.  Thanks for all the emails this week!  I Always love hearing how everyone is doing and how things are at home.  Sounds like everything is good.  I like to hear that.  I cant believe that you had a snow storm in utah that big though!  Thats crazy!  I dont think it snows in Sicily...  But maybe by winter ill be somewhere else.  Who knows?  As for now, me and my companion are staying together for one more transfer together in Catania.  Im happy especially because this city is huge and the streets are way confusing so i need to learn it better before she leaves me.  Also, tomorrow Anz. Medina is getting a new missionary!  So i wont be the only new one here!  I am so excited!  I knew the missionaries that are coming tomorrow in the MTC so it will be fun to see who will be in our district with him. 
    Ok, this week was great.  First, Zone Conference.  It was SO fun to meet all the other missionaries serving here that i hadnt met.  There are a lot of us here.  We had p day with them and it was great to get to talk to them and get to know them better.  President kelly talked about desire and how our mission is obedient but he doesnt think that we have quite the desire we need to baptize.  he talked about how we need to make sure our goals are always in our minds and that we are consistantly looking for ways to make our goals happen.  I loved it.  It was such good motivation.  I want to set good goals with my companion for the transfer and then write them down where we see them every day and really try to look to reach them.  Its like faith, we cant just pray for it and expect it to come.  Our desire, like faith, comes as we go out and work.  then we can see how this message is blessing people's lives.  its something i really want to work on!  I had to bear my testimony because i am a new missionary.  It was a really cool experience for me.  I know why i am here and i am so grateful to be on a mission.  I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and i am so grateful for his courage to say a prayer and then to always do what he needed to do.  That one prayer changed all of our lives and i just want people in Italy to know that they can be with their families forever.  That is the greatest blessing.  That this life is just a moment and if we are faithful, we will be so blessed in the next life. 
     Anyway, then we had stake conference this weekend too and president and sister kelly were here for that too.  It was great but i really couldnt understand a lot of it.  With any background noise it is really hard for me to focus on what people are saying.  But Fillipo and Patrizia came and they were so excited to tell those they met about the fact that they are going to be baptized.  I looked over at them during it and Fillipo was crying.  It was such a happy moment for me.  It is such a blessing to see the Gospel change lives and really get to see it first hand.  He kept telling people that he knows this is the true church. SO COOL!!!!!
     K, update on Fillipo and Patrizia.  They were acting weird i think because they havent quit smoking.  patrizia knew it would be hard but i dont think that Fillipo really understood how hard it was going to be.  We went and taught them yesterday with the elders though and explained to them that they best way to stop is just to stop.  because right now they are trying to just taper down.  They didnt seem to really want to do that though.  We are going to see them tomorrow so it will be good to hear how its going.  I love them though.  They want the Gospel and are really trying.  I dont think they will be able to get baptized on the 28th but i really think they will be soon.  They are pretty much our only progressing investigators right now.  we really need to do some good finding.
     Ok last things, Have you taken care of my pharmacy license yet?  I just want to know where thats at.  Ummm... I have had about 20 mosquito bites on my legs so far... haha.  its terrible.  Now i have bug repellant though and we got something to put in our room.  So im hopeful that helps because it stinks to walk around all day when my legs are just itching.  I should have taken a picture.  Its been insane.  and my companion hasnt had any!  I think thats pretty much it for the week.  Thanks for your prayers and letters!  Thats all i need!  To my friends that have emailed me, you will have letters coming your way.  Sorry i cant email you.  it stinks.  But thank you for writing.  Honestly you dont understand how much it means to a missionary.  Well i love you all so much!  Have a great week and i will write you next week! 
 
Love,
Sorella Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment