Email: chelsea.buma@myldsmail.net

Address: Sorella Chelsea Buma
Via Flavia 21
00055 Ladispoli (RM)
ITALY

Address for the mission home in Rome:
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome RM
ITALY

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 24--Hello Fam!


Ciao! 
Well, how is everyone??  I cant believe that the summer is more than half way over already!  Where in the world did the time go?  Oh, this is random but today is my half birthday... haha.  we are celebrating because we wont be together as a district for my birthday.  So you can all celebrate at home too:)  So sounds like everyone is having a good, busy summer.  Im glad to hear it!  Thanks for all the pictures and updates of what you are doing.  I love hearing it!  Oh and yes, i got 2 packages today for my half birthday haha.  Thanks to both of my families!  We are going bowling with the Bay family tonight so i will get to open them in a couple hours!  Im so excited!
 
As for the week.  I have a story i want to share.  It wont mean as much to all of you because it is hard to describe but it was probably the best moment of my mission so far.  Ok.  So about 3 weeks ago we were doing finding and found this family sitting outside.  They are a big extended family that live all right next to each other.  Anyway, the grandma was outside with about 6 of her grandkids.  We talked to them and they were sort of open but very insistent on praying to saints.  (Our problem every day...)  Anyway, they accepted an invitation to meet with us another day.  When we went the next week and all the kids were waiting outside.  They oldest (13, 10, 8, 8, 5, 3 their ages) had read the restoration pamphlet to all the younger kids and they loved it.  Anyway, other parents were outside this time and we talked about the restoration.  Set up another appointment and basically the same thing happened but we gave them a Book of Mormon this time.  Then we set up another appointment.  This would be the last appointment this summer because literally everyone goes on vacation from the middle of july to september.  Anyway, we are walking there and they live at the bottom of a hill.  As we got to the top of the hill and the kids could see us, they started cheering!   They were SO excited to see us!  We talked to them and the oldest had once again read the Book of mormon out loud to the younger ones.  they loved it!  Also the mom we had talked to read it also and is very excited to read it during vacation and talk to us when they get back.  Anyway, then it was time for us to go... These little kids were SO sad and begging to come with us because they wanted to be with us.  THey were clinging to me telling me they love me and to not forget about them.  After about 5 min they let us start walking but shortly after chased us down the street again.  Finally they let us go and stood and blew us kisses as we made our way up the hill.  I had tears in my eyes saying bye to them.  Its crazy how fast we clicked with my little language skills and everything.  But i really love them so so so much. I want to stay here for another transfer to see them again.  I really think that they are ready for the Gospel.  It was a moment of pure joy for me.  I was so happy to be were i was serving others and my heavenly father.  It is hard work but it is so worth it to bring such an important message to these people i love!
 
Ummm... Also, we had zone conference this week.  President and sister kelly are awesome!  I love them.  President talked about how we can choose to be happy.  Just the thing that i have been working on.  It was such an answer to my prayers.  I had an interview with him this time too.  That is such precious time for me.  It is so evident that he has the spirit with him so strong.  He talked to be about my companion and told me he was so proud of me for my attitude.  He told me that he knew being companions with her would be tough but that he felt complete confidence in me.  That was reassuring.   He told me that he only planned on having us together for 1 transfer but i can have what i want.  If i feel like staying (I told him it was hard but im learning so much and really might want to stay with her) that i can stay.  I love that im speaking better so im actually building relationships with people in the ward and stuff.  So i might want to stay another transfer and then be on my way.  I dont know.  He told me that he wants to keep in touch and and just be open with what i want to do. 
 
As for now, that is pretty much all i have to say.  Etna errupted again apparently but we didnt see anything so, who knows!  Thanks for all the love and support!  It helps so much knowing that Im far away but my family is thinking about me and praying for me.  Know that you are always in my prayers too.  I love you all more than you know.  I miss you so much but love what i am doing.  I love sharing my testimony and feeling the spirit bear witness that what i am saying is true all the time.  Its a blessing!  have a great week and I will talk to you next week.  Oh ya, we had a great lesson with Antonella this week.  She really wants to find the truth but is so scared to leave the traditions of her family.  But she felt the spirit and wants to learn more.  We are excited to see how things go with her!  Ill keep you updated.  I hope we get to see her a couple more times before her long vacation...  OK.  That really is it i think.  LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!
 
Love,
Sorella Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment